We had purchased a Infant Hooded Pram Suit for my daughter during last winter. I just loved the material. It is such a thick cozy fleece that it really keeps her warm but now she has grown bigger and cannot fit into that. But I really hated to waste this wonderful outerwear so I decided to make some alterations. Hence, this project of Altering an Infant's Hooded Pram Suit to a Toddler Jacket AND Booties.
Step 1: Convert an Infant's Hooded Pram Suit to a Toddler Jacket
- Cut off the legs of the suit with a scissor.
- Place the zip so that the zip fits into the zip case
- Stitch the bottom most portion of the zip with a needle and thread so that the zip does not slip off.
- Fold the extreme bottom to about half an inch and hem them with a needle and thread.
- Fold it further if you wish to reduce the height of the jacket. I kept it as it is. It comes upto knee length for my daughter and looks just awesome.
The jacket is ready for use.
Step 2: Convert leg portion of the one piece suit to boots/booties.