My daughter just loves the word "muffin" and the look of it and the smell of it as well. She loves this word because of the "muffin man" rhyme. She does not like to eat it that much yet though. She is 2.5 years old now. However , to my surprise she liked these muffins. She hated the chunks of pecans but liked the muffin as such. So from next time onwards, I thought of making them so there are no chunks to bite into. My husband loved it too. There was left over batter which I poured into bread pan and it came out great too. It looked like bread but it was a banana bread. Absolutely fantastic. Must try.
- Left over ripe banana - 1 (My daughter ate and left 2 halves so I used those)
- All Purpose Flour - 2 Cups
- Butter - 1/2 Cup
- Whole Milk - 1/2 Cup (Adjust this based on the consistency of the batter. Pour 1/4 cup first and check)
- Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar - 1.25 Cups (Adjust this as per your taste)
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Choco Chips - 1/2 Cup
- Pecans (chopped) - 1/2 Cup
- Mix wet ingredients together - melted butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract
- Sift in dry ingredients - all purpose flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredient mixture. Mix well.
- Add sugar, mashed banana, choco chips and chopped pecans. Mix well. The muffin batter is ready.
- Pour the batter carefully into muffin liners lined in the muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 375 degree F for 15mins.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool.
- Serve and enjoy.