spoon

Recent Recipes

Veggie Pasta Soup with Arrow Root Powder

0

Category :

Like most kids, my daughter also likes pasta/noodles. So, I decided to make a healthy soup using a few fresh colorful vegetables, wheat pasta and arrow root powder instead of corn starch for thickening the soup. I did not use soy sauce as this is for my kid. I loved the final look and taste. My daughter drank the liquid and ate the pasta but didn't eat the veggies much maybe because she is just 1 year and 10 months old. So I am planning to make a paste of all the veggies next time I make this soup. Also, I am very sure that as she grows up, she will love the colorful veggies in this soup as well. Please try this soup and let me know your experiences. Thank you.



Ingredients:


  • Corn
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Red Bell Pepper
  • Orange Bell Pepper
  • Grean Peas
  • Carrot
  • Ginger
  • Wheat Pasta
  • Arrow Root Powder (2 tsp)
  • Salt (to taste)
  • Vegetable stock /Water / Chicken Stock
  • Oil - 1tsp (I used sesame oil)


Preparation Steps:


  • Wash all the vegetables and chop them finely.



  • Boil pasta as per package instructions, strain it, run it under cold water and set aside.



  • Heat about 1 tsp oil in a pan. I use sesame seed oil for all my cooking. 
  • Saute all the chopped veggies and minced ginger. Don't over cook the veggies. It should be crunchy.


  • Add salt and water / stock.



  • Mix arrow root powder in water and make a fine paste.



  • Mix the arrow root paste in the soup slowly and mix well. The amount of arrow root is dependent on how thick you prefer your soup.



  • Add the pasta in the soup.



  • The veggie pasta soup with arrow root powder is ready. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

.