Spinach is a packed with iron and lentil are a great source of protein hence its a power pack combination. I tried incorporating both in the form of soup so both my husband and daughter could be benefited by this. Please try this and I hope your kids will love it.
- Spinach - 1 Cup
- Lentil - 1/4 Cup
- Onions - 1/4 Cup
- Tomato - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 small
- Whole Milk - 1/2 Cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 Cup (or based on the consistency of the soup you desire)
- Salt - to taste.
- Wash spinach and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Add all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except milk.
- Cook until 3 whistles.
- Once its luke warm, blend it to a fine paste.
- Put butter in a pan.
- Pour the blended mixture.
- Pour milk, add salt and cook until the first boil.
- Spinach Lentil soup is ready.