DelMonte is a very well known brand and they sell a wide range of food products like different types of canned fruits and a wide variety of pastas. I received a sample pack of DelMonte Penne Pasta and I decided to make a very healthy and colorful pasta salad. This is a dish which is very close to me because I started making it from my daughter's first birthday party and it's always been a hit in all my get togethers. I usually serve it with corn chips and it gets over in no time. I usually use different pretty shaped pastas for this but today I decided to use the Penne Pasta. Hope you like it.
(Note: There is no hard and fast measurement required for this recipe. Whichever ingredient you like, you can add and how much ever you want, you could :) )
- DelMonte Penne Pasta - 1 Cup
- Orange Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup (chopped finely)
- Green Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup (chopped finely)
- White Onion - 1/4 Cup (chopped finely)
- Carrot - 1/4 Cup (chopped finely)
- Fresh Basil - handful (chopped finely)
- Mayonnaise - 6 tbsp
- Fresh Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 2 tsp (for salad) and 1 tsp (while boiling pasta)
- Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Italian Seasoning - one pinch
- Roasted Ground Nuts - 1/2 Cup
- Black Olives for garnishing
- Boil the DelMonte Penne Pasta as per package instructions.
- I normally add 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt while boiling my pasta.
- Inorder to check if the pasta is done, I cut one piece of pasta and if the inside is completely cooked, then its done.
- Take it off the heat, drain it using a sieve and run it under cold water
- The pasta is then perfectly cooked.
The super healthy and super quick DelMonte Penne Pasta Salad is ready. This is greatly liked by kids and can be an excellent food for their lunch boxes.