spoon

Recent Recipes

Cleaning Crab

0

Category : , , ,





My younger sister is very scared to clean crab and prawns and hence she hardly buys them. Whenever I go this Chinese Fish Market near my place, they sell fresh smaller sized crabs and I can't resist but buy them. So, I thought of doing a post on cleaning them. I just love both so somehow learnt to clean and now I do it easily most of the time :) With practice, its really gets easier. I prefer to break my crab into pieces and I prefer to cook crab masala with Indian spices and its just delicious. You could leave the crab legs on it as it is if you wish as well.Thank you.
Crab Cleaning Steps:
  1. Wash the crab under running water to remove all the dirt around.
  2. Remove the top hard shell
  3. Turn the crab upside down and pull out all the black nesty kind of substance carefully.
  4. I prefer to remove the crab legs so just pull it out.
  5. The tip of the crab leg might not have any flesh inside so break it into half and discard it or just use it inside the curry as it adds extra flavour.
  6. Wash all the parts again carefully.
  7. Clean crab is now ready to be cooked.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

.