My daughter (2.5 years old now) loves the "muffin man" rhyme and keeps asking me for muffin. She is not a big fan of muffin yet but she seems to like the shape and smell of a muffin. So, I thought of making a simple muffin with dry fruits in it. I drizzled some strawberry sauce at the bottom of the muffin to attract my daughter and she did like that idea. She ate the bottom of the muffins and left the top which had the dry fruits. She didn't seem to like the dry fruits in the muffin but my husband seemed to love this dish :)
Ingredients: (This recipe makes 12 muffins)
- Dry Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1.25 cups
- Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Melted Butter - 1/2 Cup
- Sour Cream- 1 Cup
- Vanilla - 2 tsp
- Chop all the dry fruits into tiny pieces. Coat them with all purpose flour so the dry fruits won't sink to the bottom of the batter.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a creamy mixture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the mixture and don't over mix. Add some milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Drizzle some strawberry sauce in the muffin cups if required and then pour the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree F for 20-25 mins.
- Once done, let it cool down to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!