The other day one friend came home and she got me a packet of frozen McCain potato smiley and my daughter loved it. So, I thought of making it a little healthier by baking and using sweet potatoes. Believe me, its so easy to make and is a guilt free snack that we can munch on and ofcourse its so much cheaper when we make it. Please try it and hope you like it. Thank you.
- Roasted and Mashed Sweet Potato (3 medium size)
- Please click here for the recipe for Roasted and Mashed Sweet Potato.
- Add all the ingredients (roasted and mashed sweet potato, chilly powder, garlic powder, chopped cilantro and salt) and mix well.
- Add more arrow root powder if the dough is too sticky and mix. You could add corn starch as well. Arrow root powder is healthier for kids, hence I opt that.
- Wrap the dough well and leave it in the refrigerator for a minimum 1 hour.
- Make small balls/patties of the dough.
- For the smiley face eyes, use a straw or back of a clean paint brush and poke 2 holes in all the patties.
- For the smiley face lips, use a spoon and make the lip impression carefully.
- Place all the smiley faces on a greased oven safe bowl. Spray some oil on top and bake in a pre heat oven to 420 degree F for about 20 mins.
- I kept it on broil for about 3 mins later.
- Keep aside for atleast 10mins before serving.
- Enjoy with ketchup or mustard sauce.