spoon

Recent Recipes

Diet during pregnancy.

0

Category : , ,

You might have heard lot of pregnant girls hogging because they feel that they need to eat for 2. My doctor said that this is not right. My doctor also said that pregnant girls should eat only how much ever their stomach demands. The key however is that whatever they eat must be absolutely healthy and homemade preferably so its as clean/hygienic as possible.

MY DIET DURING PREGNANCY WAS AS FOLLOWS:



  1. Nuts - Extremely important and must be incorporated in daily diet. Too many nuts is also not good. As a rule, I ate the following everyday from the day I got to know I was pregnant: 
    • 2- 3 Dates
    • 5 Almonds
    • 5 Pistachio
    • 4 Walnuts
    • 10 Raisins
  2. Egg - I ate one boiled egg everyday.
  3. Vegetable Soup - one bowl everyday. Example: Carrot soup/okra soup/mixed veg soup/lentil soup.
  4. Fruits:
    • 1 Apple
    • 1 Orange
    • Handful grapes
    • Whenever I felt hungry, I would eat a fruit. I would also eat other fruits available in the market like watermelon, cantaloupe, custard apple etc.
    • People tell not to eat papaya but my doctor told that this is a myth. However she did tell me to avoid raw papaya. I however was too scared and didn't eat papaya at all throughout my pregnancy.
  5. Milk - 3 Glasses everyday. 1 glass as soon as I woke up. 1 in the evening and 1 glass before sleep. 
  6. Vegetables:
    • Cucumber - 2 medium size
    • Carrot - 2 medium size
    • Green leafy vegies - I tried to eat them as much as possible if not everyday. 
  7. Breakfast - Milk, Idli, Dosa, Chapati, Semolina upma
  8. Lunch - Rice along with a vegetable and lentil curry or fish curry or chicken.
  9. Dinner - Chapatis along with some vegetable/fish/chicken. Multigrain chapatis at times but wheat flour more often. And vegetable most of the time.
  10. NO JUNK AT ALL. My husband stopped buying junk so I didn't have a choice but not to eat junk :-)
  11. NO STORE BOUGHT STUFF. NO STORE BOUGHT JUICE. ONLY HOMEMADE.
  12. NO PICKLE.
  13. I MADE SURE I WAS NEVER HUNGRY AND ATE SMALLER PORTIONS MULTIPLE TIMES.
  14. I DRANK A LOT OF WATER. I would not remember to drink water so what I did was, whenever I peed, I would drink water and fill the bottle again. The more I drank, the more I peed and vice versa. This trick really worked for me. I also made ajwain/carom seed water and jeera/cumin seed water in between because it helps with gastric problems and helps keep body cool.
  15. SESAME Seeds - People say that pregnant women should avoid sesame seeds because it creates too much heat in the body. I don't know how far this is true but I just avoided it without debating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

.