spoon

Recent Recipes

Beet Bar - Eggless and Gluten Free

0

Category : , , , ,





 ​I try my best to make my toddler eat all the vegetables but I have not been so successful with beets. So, I decided to make Beet Bars because she enjoys baked stuff. With an attempt to make this dish as healthy as possible, I decided to eliminate all purpose flour and used rice powder, semolina, cornmeal, milk and yogurt. I was so happy as I was making it because I was using all super healthy ingredients. The output was great. The dish had a great color which encouraged my daughter to eat it. So, all in all, it was a successful event. Hope you try it. Thank you. 




Ingredients:

  1. 1 Medium Size Beet
  2. Rice Powder - 1/2 Cup
  3. Corn Meal - 2 tbsp
  4. Semolina - 1/4 cup
  5. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  6. Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
  7. Salt - a pinch
  8. Milk - 3/4 Cup
  9. Yogurt - 1/2 Cup
  10. Butter - 1/2 Cup
  11. Almond Extract - 1 tsp
  12. Cashews and Choco Chips



Preparation Step:

  1. ​Make Beet Puree
    • Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
    • Peel the beet and cut it into small pieces. 
    • Place the pieces in a oven safe greased bowl
    • Roast the beet pieces for about 40mins and let it cool.
    • Puree the roasted beet in a blender as fine as possible. Use milk to help with the puree process. 
  2. Preheat oven to 375 F.  
  3. Mix room temperature butter and sugar until its fluffy
  4. Mix almond extract and mix well. Keep this wet ingredient mix aside.
  5. Mix the dry ingredients - rice powder, corn meal, semolina, baking powder and baking soda. 
  6. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together but don't over mix. 
  7. Mix cashews and choco chips as well. 
  8. Pour the batter in a greased pan.
  9. Bake at 375 degree F for about 32 mins 
  10. Let it cool completely. 
  11. Cut it into pieces and enjoy.
The Beet Bars are ready. Enjoy!​






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

.