- Wash the apple well.
- Use an idly cooker/steamer to steam cook the apple.
- Based on the size of the apple, the cooking time will differ. I used half of a medium sized apple and it took about 12 mins to fully steam cook it.
- Cool the cooked apple to room temperature and peel it.
- Grind to a fine puree in a mixer/blender. Adjust the consistency by adding water and grind finely.
- Strain it if you feel necessary. I didn't do so for my child.
- Apple sauce is ready to be served to your child.
Please note: Please consult your pediatrician and use your discretion as well before feeding your child. Do not blindly follow any recipe.