All parents want their children to lead healthy and balanced lives - both physically and psychologically. In certain cases, children fall behind on growth by not attaining the right height & weight as per the age, which may cause anxiety amongst parents.
This is a blog post on "How important, in your opinion, is it for children to catch up on lost growth?"
The child's nutrient needs correspond with the changes in growth rates. At various ages, growth and development in a human body happens in different ways.
- Infant - Upto 6 months, babies are suggested to be exclusively breast fed as breast milk has all the necessary nutrients that a baby needs. It helps improve immunity. From 6 months to 1 year is a challenging period as solid food is introduced to a baby which being breast-fed. It is suggested that emphasis is given to food which is more iron and protein enriched to ensure proper growth and development.
- Toddler - Between the age of 1year to 3 years, most of the brain development happens. Hence, we have to provide food accordingly.
- Pre-schooler, Middle Schooler and High Schooler - Poor nutrition can cause problems with a child's intellectual development. A child with a poor diet may be tired and unable to learn at school. Also, poor nutrition can make the child more likely to get sick and miss school. Breakfast is very important. Children may feel tired and unmotivated if they do not eat a good breakfast.
- Adult - Healthy eating habits should begin during infancy. As one enters into the adult stage, this can help prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity.
A child with a perfect height and weight is not only important to parents but also to themselves because it will promote great mental and physical health and induces confidence within the child. This ultimately leads to a healthy and happy life which everybody craves for as we age.
While mothers try their best to provide all natural ingredients to their kids, its not always possible because kids don't cooperate. Hence, I feel, Horlicks Growth+ can play a great role here.
“Horlicks Growth+ is a specialized nutrition product designed by international pediatric experts for children in age group of 3-9 years who are lagging behind in height and weight. It contains high quality whey protein with added nutrients that are known to enable children to catch up on lost growth. It has been clinically proven for visible growth in children in 6 months.”
The main features of Horlicks Growth+ are:
- Naturally Enhances Growth:
- 2 servings a day of Horlicks Growth+ contains as much protein as 1¼ cup of cheese, the same Vitamin C as 2 medium sized lemons, calcium equal to ⅔ of a cup of milk, as much phosphorus as in 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds, an equal amount of iron to 2 bowls of spinach, as much zinc as in ½ a cup of cow peas, and the same Vitamin A as in 2 medium sized carrots. So while children are catching up on growth, they are also getting important vitamins and minerals.
- Experts undertook a study to determine how a balanced nutritional supplement drink helps children whose growth has fallen behind. The study reported that children regularly consuming Horlicks Growth+ had a positive shift in the growth path, compared to another group1, who did not. After 6 months, those consuming the recommended dosage of Horlicks Growth+ gained significant height & weight, compared to those children who did not.
- Children (per kg) need 1.2 times the protein adults need to make sure they grow properly. 80% of the protein children consume is used by the body for growth and development10This is why adequate protein is also important for children who have fallen behind on growth, Horlicks Growth+ is specially formulated with high quality whey protein, which is easily digested and quickly absorbed.
Horlicks Growth+ is available in two flavours - Vanilla and Chocolate.
- Mother's Horlicks
- Junior Horlicks
- Lite Horlicks
- Women's Horlicks
- Horlicks Regular
I have been drinking Horlicks since my childhood. I have seen my dad drinking Horlicks since my birth. Today, my father has diabetes and he now drinks the sugarfree version of Horlicks. When I was pregnant, I was drinking Mother's Horlicks. So, being a loyal customer of Horlicks, I have no doubts that I would try this amazing Horlicks Growth+ for my daughter. I thank Horlicks for being an integral part of our healthy lives.
Children are the future of this living world. If we want the future to be bright and promising, we have to ensure that children are nourished and brought up that way so they yield positive results in obtaining that ultimate goal.
twitter @Growth_Plus with the hashtag #CatchUpOnGrowth.